RDI Career Opportunity
RDI Technologies combines computer vision and digital signal processing to bring new technology to the industrial maintenance and asset reliability markets. We are excited to bring game-changing technology to this well-established market, and we need to bring new talent to our development team.
As a member of our development team, you will contribute to the advancement of existing RDI products and contribute to the creation of new products not yet released to the marketplace. We are looking for a senior .NET developer with a solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles who can write extensible, maintainable software applications.
- Reports to: VP of Software Development
- Work location: RDI's headquarters in Knoxville, TN
- To Apply: Complete the online form listed after the job description
Responsibilities & Duties
- Participates in the development of the architecture and technical design of application systems.
- Develops and implements extensible, maintainable application systems.
- Assists in developing project timetables by defining required project tasks and estimating these tasks.
- Assists in evaluating customer feedback on delivered products and identifying improvements for future development.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years commercial software development or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience developing Windows applications using C# and the .NET framework
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Knowledge of .NET design patterns
- Ability to structure applications for maintainability, extensibility and testability
- C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with Microsoft TFS and the Visual Studio development environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment collaborating with a cross-functional team
- Self-motivated, results-driven, customer-focused
- Ability to estimate effort required to implement identified tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with computer vision and image processing libraries
- Experience with software development through the full software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, deployment, support)
- Good understanding of databases, schemas, indexes, and SQL Server
- Experience with digital signal processing algorithms
- Experience with vibration analysis of rotating machinery
- Experience with software usability and optimizing user interfaces
- Experience with InstallShield
Compensation, Benefits, & Why RDI?
- Full-time salaried position
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) + matching
- Paid time off and company holidays
- Life insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Professional development assistance
- Parental leave
- Rewarding work with an innovative, customer-focused team!
- Monthly team lunches, birthday celebrations, and a lively end-of-year party
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, tea, sodas, and more are stocked in our Knoxville office break room for employee enjoyment!
- RDI Technologies is experiencing a rapid expansion in our business both in the volume of sales and the breadth of product offerings. This will allow career growth opportunities as technical leadership will be required to support the broader offering of products.
- At RDI all of the decisions are made locally in the Knoxville, TN headquarters. Working in the Knoxville office will provide access to the leaders and allow you to contribute to the decisions that are made.
- Our company is applying new computer vision technology to various markets. This provides constant opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. This learning involves both new technologies and new problem domains, such that solutions can be designed and developed to leverage new technology to solve existing problems in new ways.
- RDI drives product development from a technical direction. So the development team has significant input into the products that are put into the hands or our customers. Developers are encouraged to interact with customers before and after product launch to better understand customer needs and gain insight into how to improve the product.
About RDI Technologies
RDI Technologies is pioneering the camera as the sensor of the future because visualization is faster, safer, and makes the complex simpler. Our proprietary technology platform powered by Motion Amplification® enables users to see and measure motion that is impossible to see with the human eye and could previously only be measured by contacting sensors. RDI’s products combine the power of modern cameras with software to turn what used to be complex charts and graphs into easy-to-understand video data that enables users to quickly and safely solve their toughest problems and communicate the results. As a member of the Inc. 5000 list for the past three consecutive years, RDI is one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Complete the form below.